There are many people who are looking to figure out what they should be doing when they get a college degree. One of the most common questions is what you should major in/ People who are patient, enjoy working with others, are able to deal with stress well, and are good at problem solving may do well in the psychology major. Also, if you are someone who is very good at theory and understands theoretical concepts and ideas easily, psychology may be a major of interest.
Psychology also offers a variety of job opportunities that you may not have otherwise. If you are looking to get into counseling or become a professional psychologist/psychiatrist, you will have to get at least a Master’s Degree in order to pursue those careers. But, with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, you can possibly get a job in the following fields.
- Social Work- Many social work jobs, such as Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS), probation officers, and case workers, only require you to have a certain number of credits in a social science, of which psychology is one.
- Some of these jobs require a Master’s Degree as well, but you can get into basic research jobs with a bachelor’s degree.
- Corporations like people who can “get into the human mind” in order to help the business expand or succeed. Psychology is a good major or minor to pair with a business degree in order to maximize this potential.
- Public relations. For the same reason as above, people who are in public relations do much better if they understand the people they are working with.
- Human Resources. For the same reason as above, people who are in HR do much better if they understand the people they are working with.